2024 South Australian German Teachers’ Association Conference
This years SAGTA Conference will be held on Saturday 15 June 2024 at Pulteney Grammar School, 190 South Terrace, Adelaide, 5000.
CALL FOR PAPERS
We extend an invitation to all educators to submit papers for consideration that relate to:
· Experiences and new strategies for the learning, teaching and promotion of the German language
· Examples of new initiatives used to incorporate AI into the language classroom
· Examples of new initiatives used to connect the classroom to the global world
· Connecting primary, secondary and tertiary teaching, industry and learning communities with each other and community organisations
· Technology and learner networks across schools, cities and countries
· Research relating to German cultural connections
· Examples and ideas for using Dr. Gianfranco Conti’s EPI teaching methodology
Please consider offering a session, sharing a presentation with another teacher, or encouraging a colleague to contribute to the 2024 Conference. Please submit all papers for consideration by Friday 5 April via this form.
2023 World Teachers’ Day Award
Congratulations to Sarah Bragg who won the SAGTA Early Career Teacher award. The Educators SA World Teachers’ Day Awards ceremony was held on the 27th of October at the National Wine Centre. SAGTA Committee members Mitchell Neeb, Trish Prenzler and Michael Goh accompanied Sarah on the night.
Award winner Sarah Bragg with The Honourable Blair Boyer MP
2023 Adelaide German Week
For more information, click here.
2024 Goethe Scholarships for Language Courses and Seminars in Germany
Would you like to refresh your German skills or gain new ideas and impressions to make your lessons more colourful and diverse? The Goethe-Institut awards scholarships for language courses and professional development seminars (e.g. cultural studies, teaching methods) in Germany.
The scholarship includes:
– tuition for a Goethe-Institut Intensive German course (75 teaching units, 15 days of lessons)/ seminar fees plus a social and cultural program
– accommodation in single room including breakfast (in a Goethe-Institut guesthouse or with a private host, depending on course location)
– one main meal on course days
– a travel allowance of €1000
– basic health, accident and liability insurance
Application deadline is 15 October 2023.
Apply now for a language course or seminar scholarship and take the opportunity to experience Germany up close!
For further information and applications, please visit our website: Scholarships for Language Courses and Seminars in Germany – Goethe-Institut Australia
2024 Minister’s Language Immersion Scholarships
The Minister for Education, Skills and Training is also offering five scholarships to language teachers in South
Australia for language immersion experiences within Australia or overseas.
Scholarships are available in the following categories:
- One scholarship for a teacher in a Catholic Education School
- One scholarship for a teacher in a Department for Education School
- One scholarship for a teacher in an Independent School
- One to an early career educator from the Department for Education School who is in their first 5 years of teaching (including contract, TRT and ongoing appointments)
- One to an early career educator from a Non-Government School (Catholic or Independent) who is in their first 5 years of teaching (including contract, TRT and ongoing appointments).
Each scholarship is worth $8000!
The immersion scholarship program for language teachers aims to improve language skills, proficiency, and
Applications close Friday 25th August 2023.
2023 German Club Quiz night!
The School for the German Language is holding a Quiz Night on September 2 at the German Club. Get a group together and book a table!