The South Australian German Teachers Association is a professional association of German teachers in all levels of education – primary, secondary and tertiary – who have banded together for the benefit of their students and to promote the study of German language in South Australia.
The SAGTA Committee meets once a month to discuss, develop and plan activities and strategies to help German teachers and students in South Australia.
We would warmly welcome new members, so that we can continue this valuable work.
How does the SAGTA support its members?
- Coordination of the annual South Australian German Teachers Conference
- Organisation of Professional Development Workshops for SAGTA members
- Representation of SAGTA on NATG, MLTASA, Educators SA and der Runde Tisch
- Facilitation of various competitions for students of our members, such as the SAGTA Poster competition
- Facilitation of SACE and IB revision courses for students of SAGTA members
- Working in partnership with the Goethe-Insitut on various projects, such as the Kino für Kids film screenings and the annual School Film Competition
- Administration of an annual PAD student scholarship together with the Goethe-Institut
- Working in partnership with Adelaide University to organise the biennial German Day Out
- Sponsorship of students experiencing financial difficulty who wish to go on a school-based exchange
- Funding of Sonderprojekte for SAGTA members in need of funding for a special project
- Organisation of grant applications to support the work of SAGTA
- Advocacy for the study of the German language in the curriculum, including the submission of feedback and letters about issues of concern on behalf of SAGTA members
- Support of members who are in need of assistance